About School of National Security and Strategic Studies
The School of National Security and Strategic Studies has been conceptualised to promote better understanding of Strategy and National Security amongst students, researchers and practitioners with a view to strengthening and elevating india’s strategic culture and discourse.
India’s rapid rise in the comity of nations, increasing global competition, rapid expansion of the concept of security and the increasing interdependence between every ‘Business of the Government’, has made the knowledge of National Security a prerequisite for every policy maker and strategic practitioner.
- MA IN DEFENCE AND STRATEGIC STUDIES
- PG DIPLOMA IN DISASTER MANAGEMENT
- PG DIPLOMA IN COUNTER TERRORISM AND RADICALISATION STUDIES
- PG DIPLOMA IN GEOPOLITICS AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- NATIONAL CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT AND DEFENCE ACQUISITION
- PHD IN DEFENCE AND STRATEGIC STUDIES
Garden City’s Course Fee Structure for the Academic Year 2022, is formulated specifically keeping in mind the COVID-19 pandemic. Fee particulars are subject to scholarships, the type of program selected, and e-learning models.
GCU is proud of its esteemed faculty. All our departments are comprised of teachers who are experts in their fields of study, be it the heads of department, professors, associate professors, or junior lecturers.
Students graduating from Garden City University are given the opportunity of a wide range of career options depending on their subjects and streams. GCU graduates make for highly desirable candidates in the employment landscape worldwide.
The Aim of the post-graduation programme of ‘MA in International Relations and Defence Studies’ is to empower students, practitioners and future policy makers in holistic understanding of National Security and Strategic Issues with a view to developing their analytical ability in providing well-tempered policy inputs.
The syllabus is based on two fundamental pillars of National Security and Strategy. The curriculum is divided into six parts based on the ‘Components of National Security’ while ‘Strategy’ is the common strand which runs through and binds the modules together. The School organizes series of seminars, workshops, gaming exercises and special sessions with the experts for a better understanding of the subject in addition to the visits to various institutions. Some of the courses that will be the highlight of this programme are:
- Strategic Thought and Strategic Management
- National Security: Conceptual Issues
- Internal Security of India
- Geopolitics and IR Theory
- Contemporary Indian Military History
- Global Security Environment
- India and its Immediate Neighbourhood
- Counter Terrorism and Radicalisation
- Disaster Management and National Security
- Media and Defence Journalism
- China Study
- Science, Technology and National Security
- Defence Economy
- Nuclear Proliferation and National Security
- Cyber Security of Critical Information Infrastructure
- Strategic Leadership
- Research Methodology
- National Security Strategy
- National Security Structures
- Internship with Defence Industry/ Projects
- Any Graduation (BA / BSc / B.Com)
- Obtained at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category)
- Teaching Faculty in University / Colleges / Institutes.
- Research Assistants / Associates / Fellow in Think Tanks / Research Forums.
- Consultants with Govt agencies, Disaster Management agencies and industries dealing with security and Defence matters.
- Defence Journalism / Correspondents.
- Subject matter experts / Analysts on Strategy, National Security, International relations, United Nations and Disaster Management.
- Defence acquisition consultants / advisors / experts with Defence Industries.
- Managers in cyber security Institutions.
- Assignments in foreign Think Tanks, Collaborations and Corporate Houses.