University established through Act no. 47 of 2013 in Karnataka State and approved by UGC, Govt. of India
First college in Bangalore to provide students with an official email id
Envisaged Garden City University and the first piece of land was acquired for GCU
Introduced the concept of E-learning and the college hosted students from 32 countries
Obtained ISO 9001 -2000 certification
Inauguration of the auditorium block by H.E Shri.T.N Chaturvedi, Governor of Karnataka
Accreditation by the NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation council) as Grade A
Established the Centre for Higher Learning, Research and Development
Launched GCC-Elan, a daily, in-house newspaper
Won the best B-School Leadership award @Asia Brand Congress and Dr. Joseph VG is appointed as the honorary consul of The Republic of Maldives in Bangalore
start of the National Young Minds Movement (NYMM)
Re-accredited by NAAC
Installation of Alumni chapters – Purv, Paschim, Dakshin
Completed two decades in the field of education
Garden City University Act passed (Karnataka State Act no. 47 of 2013) and received the assent of the Governor of Karnataka on 26th March 2013 and was published in the Karnataka Gazette on 12th April 2013.
Gardenia completes two decades of successful years of intercollegiate fest and Our Chairman Dr. Joseph VG files patent on managing small currency denomination
MBA Department wins the Philips Big Leap Marketing Challenge
Re-accredited by NAAC retaining the highest grade, “A”
Silver jubilee celebrations and launch of GCU and Adoption of 5 villages in and around the campus for community
Swachh Campus, Hosted Sunburn, Conduct of SRR Net Conferenc and UGC visits GCU and accords approval
Ground breaking ceremony at GCU new campus and Received Green Campus Award
Awards conferred on the Institution
- July 2008 - The best B-school (south) jury award from Deccan Herald
- Best B-school award for nurturing talents in the 16th B-school Affaire in September 2008
- Dewang Mehta B-school Awards
- The management studies and commerce faculty rated 24th among the best B-school in all India Survey conducted by India Today-Nielsen company, May 2009.
- Best B-school (Industry interface) February 2009.
- Outstanding B-school in the field of marketing awarded by DNA- February 2009
- GCC ranked 4th in Bangalore in 2009, by India Today
- India Tourism, Bangalore confers “Award of Excellence” on Department of Tourism in the year 2003
- “Leadership Training Programme” award conferred by Wesley College, Colombo, Sri Lanka in 2012.
Awards Conferred on the Chairman Dr Joseph V G
- “Pride of Industry Award” in 2009 for his contribution to the field of education.
- Education Evangelist Award in 2013
- Bharat Samman
- Aryabhatta International award