University established through Act no. 47 of 2013 in Karnataka State and approved by UGC, Govt. of India
GCU INCUBATION CENTRE is a dream endeavor of Garden City University to contribute towards the Vision of "Developed India in One Generation" with a special focus on Sustainable Development Goals
- A report published by The Economic Times indicates that India has only one decade to change its status into a developed country and will need to focus on education, failing which the much-hailed 'demographic dividend' will turn into a disadvantage. The report also pointed out that "If India is not able to get its act together, it will never be able to go into the developed group of nations. The report further warned that “India's strength of demographic dividend could turn into India's disadvantage by 2030”.
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is the prime focus for GCUIC. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals are based on 17 goals and expected to achieve the goals by 2030. SDGs focuses on action to end poverty, protect the planet, and all people enjoy peace and prosperity. People from all walks of life need to join hands together and come under one umbrella to share their expertise from culture to region, technology to philosophy, arts to sciences to achieve the SDGs in every possible way to every people across the globe. Hence, diverse stakeholders ranging from students, professors, industry professionals, researchers, and policymakers, entrepreneurs from the national and international level are collaborated and engaged in GCUIC.
- GCUIC provides holistic and comprehensive facilities and framework to any individual or group or a company with a unique idea to create a product or a service or expand the business or turning loss-making company to generate profits which will contribute towards achieving SDGs and Developed India in One Generation”. Besides, building a startup, GCUIC helps to create employment and economy for the country.
- Idea Matters! Innovation Matters! Business Matters! Happiness Matters! Peace Matters! Prosperity Matters! SDGs Matters! Country Matters! People Matters!
- GCUIC is located at the lush green university campus of Garden City University. GCU was established through Act no. 47 of 2013 in Karnataka State and is approved by UGC, Govt. of India. The Eight Famous Schools of Garden City University (School of Media Studies, School of Indian & Foreign Languages, School of Professional Studies, School of Commerce & Management, School of Sciences, School of Health Sciences, School of Computational Sciences & IT and School of Social Sciences are comfortably located at one single campus, providing scope for Interdisciplinary and Transdisciplinary collaborations across schools.
- A perfect blend of nature, aesthetic atmosphere, academic resources, laboratory and testing resources along with excellent professional technical expertise from the experts of eight schools of Garden City University makes GCUIC an ideal destination for creating sustainable startups from a shorter duration of time.
- The multidisciplinary integrated network comprising of idea generators, incubation specialist, industry professionals, academicians, funding partners, successful entrepreneurs determined to create your incubation journey at GCUIC a memorable and successful experience.
- GCUIC is focused on contributing towards the Vision of "Developed India in One Generation" through Sustainable Development Goals by linking stakeholders from different walks of life to build a sustainable entrepreneurial venture which creates need-based innovative products and services to a diverse market, employment and economy for the country.
- Link all the stakeholders under one umbrella for effective collaboration and contribution
- A comprehensive need-based assessment for every incubation idea before entering the incubation process
- Multi-dimensional feasibility study for each incubation project
- A high degree of ethics, integrity, and commitment will be part of the Incubation culture
- Every Incubation project has a Start and never has an End.
- The famous quote of Eleanor Roosevelt "Learn from the mistakes of others, You can't live long enough to make them all by yourself" and the quote of Warren Buffet "It is good to learn from your mistakes, it's better to learn from other people mistakes" sets the need for the advisory council.
- The Advisory Council include individuals with a broader vision towards people, market, business, employment, economy, value creation, sustainability, ethics and integrity environment, planet, and prosperity. The Advisory Council rigorously reviews and scrutinizes the Vision, Mission, and Objective of GCUIC to create value for the diverse stakeholders who are directly or indirectly connected with the incubation process and execution. Vision and proven Vision accomplishment is the only criterion to be part of the Advisory Council. The Advisory Council members are the main skeleton for the GCUIC.
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to Achieve the Goal
- One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination- John C. Maxwell
Everything Matters at GCUIC
GCUIC ADVISORY COUNCIL
"Knowledge gained through experience is far superior and many times more useful than a bookish knowledge"
- Mahatma Gandhi
Know the Advisory Council Members and their Vision for the Nation
GCU INCUBATION CENTRE FOCUS AREAS
"A Mentor is someone who allows you to see the hope inside yourself"
- Oprah Winfrey
- Empaneled Technical Consultant or a Funding Partner, Click here to know the process
- Incubatee, Click here to know the process
HOW TO COLLABORATE WITH GCUIC
Click to view and download Innovation and Startup Policy 2019 for Students and Faculty members
- Technology Transfer 1. Tea Production from Coffee Leaves
- Current Incubatees Click here to view
2. Rapid and Low Cost Production of Wine from Tea Waste
The legacy of Garden City University comes from the Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992.
The Garden City Group of Institutions has been a home for students from 81 nations to this day and the family is growing...
Please note : The above data need not be misread as that of Garden City University which commenced its operations in 2017; however GCU is a part of the Garden City Group of Institutions established in 1992.