B.TECH IN CSE (ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING)
1. Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational
2. Obtained at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
Welcome to Garden City University (GCU), your gateway to a world-class education in the field of B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. GCU is proud to offer a comprehensive and industry-driven curriculum designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in this rapidly evolving field.
At GCU, we believe in providing a holistic learning experience that combines theoretical knowledge with practical hands-on training. Our key courses cover a wide range of topics, including AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, TensorFlow, and Natural Language Processing. Through these courses, students gain a deep understanding of the fundamental principles and techniques used in AI and ML.
To ensure practical exposure, GCU offers various opportunities to work on real-world applications. Students get hands-on experience with cutting-edge technologies such as face recognition, chatbots, robotics, and reactive machines. This practical learning approach helps students develop the necessary skills to tackle real-world challenges.
Our specialized tools and platforms, including Research Rabbit, Consensus, Elicit, TensorFlow, and Chat GPT, are integrated into the curriculum to provide students with the latest tools and techniques used in the industry. By working with these tools, students gain valuable insights and hands-on experience that prepares them for the industry.
Research-based learning is highly encouraged at GCU. We provide platforms for students to showcase their technical presentations, participate in hackathons, competitions, and boot camps. These opportunities foster a spirit of innovation and allow students to stay updated with the latest advancements in AI and ML.
GCU takes pride in its strong ties with renowned industry leaders. Through collaborations with Microsoft, IBM, Capgemini, TCS, Mindtree, and Happiest Minds, we ensure that our curriculum remains industry-relevant and aligned with the latest trends and technologies. Our industry tie-ups with Intel, Dell, Apple, and Cisco provide students with exposure to real-world projects and internships.
To enrich the learning experience, we invite guest lectures and industry speakers from esteemed organizations such as Infosys, HP, CTS, and Amazon on a weekly basis. These experts share their knowledge, experiences, and insights, providing students with valuable industry perspectives.
At GCU, we understand the importance of fostering entrepreneurship skills. Our B.Tech program offers opportunities in various sectors, including IT companies, manufacturing, healthcare, aerospace, retail, and banking. Through mentorship programs by industry experts, IIT professors, and entrepreneurs, we guide and inspire students to explore their entrepreneurial aspirations.
In addition to our rigorous academic curriculum, we encourage our students to take up professional certifications endorsed by prestigious organizations such as IIT, Microsoft, IBM etc. These certifications enhance the employability of our students and validate their expertise in AI and ML.
GCU also promotes cross-disciplinary collaboration, allowing students to work alongside peers from management, robotics, forensics, and healthcare fields. This interdisciplinary approach broadens their perspective and equips them with versatile skills that are highly sought after in the industry.
Our international university tie-ups enable students to broaden their horizons and gain a global perspective. Study abroad programs are available, providing students with the opportunity to explore different educational systems and cultures, further enhancing their learning experience.
At GCU, we understand the importance of co-curricular activities in holistic development. We have vibrant clubs promoting various activities such as coding competitions, tech fests, robotics clubs, and AI study groups. These clubs provide a platform for students to engage, collaborate, and enhance their skills beyond the classroom.
Choosing the right university is crucial for your educational journey, and GCU stands out as the best choice for pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Bangalore. Our industry-driven curriculum, practical hands-on learning opportunities, strong industry collaborations, international tie-ups, and focus on research and entrepreneurship make GCU the ideal destination for aspiring AI and ML professionals.
Join us at Garden City University, where knowledge meets innovation, and together, we shape the future of AI and ML.
- Comprehensive and industry-driven curriculum in B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Key courses include AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, TensorFlow, and Natural Language Processing.
- Practical hands-on training in cutting-edge technologies like face recognition, chatbots, robotics, and reactive machines.
- Integration of specialized tools and platforms such as Research Rabbit, Consensus, Elicit, TensorFlow, and Chat GPT.
- Emphasis on research-based learning through technical presentations, hackathons, competitions, and boot camps.
- Strong industry ties and collaborations with Microsoft, IBM, Capgemini, TCS, Mindtree, and Happiest Minds.
- Industry tie-ups with Intel, Dell, Apple, and Cisco for exposure to real-world projects and internships.
- Weekly guest lectures and industry speakers from organizations like Infosys, HP, CTS, and Amazon.
- Opportunities for entrepreneurship in various sectors, including IT, manufacturing, healthcare, aerospace, retail, and banking.
- Mentorship programs by industry experts, IIT professors, and entrepreneurs.
- Professional certifications endorsed by prestigious organizations like IIT, Microsoft, IBM, etc.
- Cross-disciplinary collaboration with management, robotics, forensics, and healthcare fields.
- International university tie-ups and study abroad programs for a global perspective.
- Vibrant clubs promoting co-curricular activities such as coding competitions, tech fests, robotics clubs, and AI study groups.
Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational
Obtained at least 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
Entrance Examination: GCUAT, ComedK, CET, JEE Mains.
After completing a B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at GCU, these are some of the most trending career paths that open up for graduates in this field:
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer: As an AI engineer, you would develop and implement AI models and algorithms to solve complex problems. You could work on projects related to computer vision, natural language processing, robotics, or recommendation systems. Companies that recruit AI engineers in India include Microsoft, Google, Amazon, IBM, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant etc.
- Machine Learning Engineer: Machine learning engineers focus on designing and implementing machine learning algorithms and models. They work on data preprocessing, feature selection, model training, and evaluation. Recruiting companies for machine learning engineers in India include Adobe, Flipkart, Ola Cabs, Swiggy, Zomato, MakeMyTrip, Mahindra & Mahindra, Reliance Industries, Byju's, InMobi etc.
- Data Scientist: Data scientists analyze and interpret complex data to extract insights and drive decision-making. They develop predictive models, perform statistical analysis, and communicate their findings to stakeholders. Companies in India that hire data scientists are Fractal Analytics, Mu Sigma, Genpact, Novartis, Deloitte, American Express, Walmart Labs, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Mahindra & Mahindra, Accenture etc.
- Research Scientist: Research scientists focus on advancing the field of AI and ML by conducting innovative research. They work on cutting-edge projects, publish papers, and collaborate with academic institutions and industry partners. Recruiting companies for research scientists in India include Microsoft Research India, IBM Research India, Amazon Research India, Tata Research Development and Design Centre (TRDDC), Infosys Research, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore etc.
- AI Consultant: AI consultants provide strategic guidance to organizations on how to leverage AI and ML technologies to solve business challenges. They help design AI strategies, identify opportunities for implementation, and guide the adoption of AI solutions. Consulting firms in India that hire AI consultants are Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Ernst & Young (EY), KPMG, Accenture, McKinsey & Company, Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Capgemini, Cognizant etc.
- AI Product Manager: AI product managers are responsible for overseeing the development and management of AI-based products and services. They work closely with cross-functional teams to define product requirements, conduct market research, and drive product strategy. Companies such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Flipkart, Ola Cabs, Paytm, Swiggy, Zomato, Byju's, and startups in the AI domain hire AI product managers.
- AI Ethicist: As an AI ethicist, you would be involved in addressing ethical concerns and ensuring responsible development and deployment of AI technologies. You would analyze the ethical implications of AI algorithms, policies, and decision-making processes. Companies and organizations focusing on AI ethics and responsible AI, such as OpenAI, AI4ALL, and research institutes, - Infosys, TCS, Wipro, IBM India Research Lab, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, may have openings for AI ethicists.
- Robotics Engineer: Robotics engineers design, develop, and program robotic systems and machines. They combine AI and ML techniques with mechanical engineering principles to create intelligent and autonomous robots. Companies like Boston Dynamics, GreyOrange, ABB, GreyOrange, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Mahindra & Mahindra, ABB India. Hi-Tech Robotic Systemz Ltd, and startups in the robotics industry hire robotics engineers.
- Data Engineer: Data engineers build and maintain data infrastructure and systems to support the storage, processing, and analysis of large datasets. They work on data pipelines, data integration, and data architecture, ensuring data quality and availability for AI and ML applications. Companies like Netflix, LinkedIn, Facebook, Flipkart, Amazon India, Reliance Jio, Mu Sigma, Fractal Analytics, and other tech giants recruit data engineers.
- AI Researcher: AI researchers focus on advancing the theoretical foundations of AI and ML through research. They explore new algorithms, models, and techniques to push the boundaries of AI technology. Research organizations, academic institutions, Microsoft Research India, IBM Research India, Infosys Research, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad, and AI labs within companies offer opportunities for AI researchers.
- AI Entrepreneur: Students with a passion for entrepreneurship can start their own AI-based ventures. They can develop AI-driven products, services, or solutions and build their own startups in areas like healthcare, finance, agriculture, or smart cities. Entrepreneurship incubators, startup accelerators, Freshworks, Zoho, InMobi, MindTickle, Innovaccer, and funding agencies support aspiring AI entrepreneurs.
- AI Analyst: AI analysts leverage AI and ML techniques to analyze data, identify trends, and provide insights to support decision-making. They work across various domains, such as marketing, finance, healthcare, and supply chain management. Consulting firms, analytics companies, Accenture, Genpact, Mu Sigma, Fractal Analytics, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), and large enterprises hire AI analysts.
- AI Software Developer: AI software developers specialize in designing and implementing AI algorithms and systems. They develop software applications that incorporate AI capabilities, such as chatbots, virtual assistants, or recommendation engines. Tech companies like ThoughtWorks, HCL Technologies, Mphasis, Persistent Systems, Happiest Minds, and startups with AI-focused products hire AI software developers.
- AI Trainer/Annotator: AI trainers or annotators are involved in preparing and labeling datasets for training AI models. They curate and annotate data, ensuring its quality and relevance for AI algorithms. Appen, iMerit, Playment. Cogito Tech LLC, CloudFactory, AI training service providers, data labeling companies, or AI research labs often require AI trainers or annotators.
- AI Security Specialist: AI security specialists focus on identifying and mitigating potential security threats and vulnerabilities in AI systems. They work on ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and robustness of AI models and data. Cybersecurity firms and organizations with AI-enabled systems such as Lucideus, Sequretek, Quick Heal Technologies, K7 Computing, TAC Security, hire AI security specialists.
Fee structure for the Academic year 2023-24
B.Tech in CSE (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
As per govt. norms
As per COMEDK norms
INR 1.5 Lakh x 8 Installments
CAUTION DEPOSIT : Rs. 5000/- to be paid by all the students. (Rs. 3000/- will be refunded after successful completion of the course and Rs. 2000/- would be retained towards registration fees for life time Alumni Association Membership)
EXAMINATION FEES PER SEMESTER
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) represent a large swath of faculty and research interests. We are concerned with constructing top-to-bottom and bottom-to-top models of human-level intelligence; building systems that can provide intelligent tutoring; creating adaptive and intelligent entertainment systems; making systems that understand their own behavior; growing our understanding of how to build autonomous agents that can adapt in dynamic environments involving multitudes of other intelligent agents, some of whom might be human; modeling and predicting human behavior; automating creativity; and addressing a variety of other problems.
At the undergraduate level, AI and ML are mainly found in two threads: Intelligence and Devices. Commonly taken courses include Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Understanding, Knowledge-based AI, Game AI and Pattern Recognition. Several courses in robotics and computational perception also have an AI or ML aspect.
- Operating System
- Network Management
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Programming with C
- Basic Electronics Engineering
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing
Why I Chose GCU
Mr. Suhwan Lim
The reason why I chose Garden City University is that it empowers students to flourish their knowledge not only theoretically but also practically. They teach students how to implement whatever they have learned in the classes in real-world situations, and it inspired me to join the university.
Garden City University also teaches students how to socialize with people, bringing them a positive impact. I believe that the way they educate students will eventually lead students to be leaders of the upcoming new era in the future.
Garden City University is a 28-year-old institution and INTERDISCIPLINARY in nature. The University has eight Schools under it offering courses from Diploma to Bachelor to Post graduation to PhD. The university has students from 81 different countries and every state and union territory in India. The University has the unique mix of Arts, Science and Management Education offered with Technology as the base. Be it Media studies, Life Sciences or Hotel Management, the emphasis is on practical education with the aid of technology tools to enhance learning and equip a student to work in the industry. Not to mention GCU has the credit of awarding graduation certification to 28 Colonels of the Indian Army attached to the Corps of Military Police.
The admission process is based on the courses offered at the UG and PG level.
The student goes online, fills the application with required details and files the same online for registering for the programme of choice. This will be accompanied by paying a registration fee as mentioned in the application form.
However, if the student needs any clarification, be it regarding the programme of choice or GCU as a University, entry criteria etc, the counsellors at the University are just a call away.
Once the registration process is completed, the admissions department shall communicate on further documents required and fee to be paid for the programme of choice.
Post the above process the student shall submit their original certificate to the registrar’s office for validation and verification. Once this process is completed the student gets enroled and an ID card is issued to the student. (Hostel formalities and transportation facilities are addressed in this page)
After enrolment the student shall voluntarily apply for GCU’s talent test which shall be the criteria for availing scholarship for the first year of study. Such talent test shall be conducted year on year to encourage studious students and also set the criteria for a UG student to be the most favoured student of choice for PG programmes. Apply Now
The University runs its own hostels for boys and girls separately. The hostels are in the vicinity of the campus with automated entry and further secure measures. More details on the hostel, fees and terms and conditions may be availed from the admissions office.